LinkedIn® provides so many tools and services that many go unnoticed and unused by the “experts”. One of these handy tools helps you create a stylish and effective email signature to append to the bottom of your email messages in either Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird or Yahoo Mail. It is generated in HTML so you will most likely be able to use it with other email services as well if they allow email signatures. NOTE: It does not work with Outlook 2007.
Here is how to create a new email signature in 10 easy steps from within LinkedIn:
- Scroll to bottom of Home Page
- Locate Tools and click on Overview just to the right
- Click on the Try it Now button for Email Signature option
- Use the pre-populated information as-is or modify it to suit your need.
- If you would like to have your logo showing, you will need to provide a URL that points to the location of your logo file on your website or blog.
- Select any, all or none of the Options offered for your consideration.
- Scroll back to the top of this page and review the various formats that are available and select your favorite.
- Scroll back to the bottom of the screen and select Click here for instructions…
- Select from the Choose your email client options:
- Follow the instructions to complete the creation of your signature.
Here is what the finished product looks like using the Executive design:
Have some fun and select one that captures you. Now you know something that most of the “experts’ don’t know how to do. You can teach them a new trick.
While you are on the Tools area of LinkedIn, I recommend that you consider downloading both the Outlook Toolbar and Browser Toolbar. They each will save you time and increase your effective use of LinkedIn. Share your experiences and your email signature success with me in the comments area.